Sunday 30 May 2010

My first proper stab at a cake


I did this one in 2007 for a friends birthday who had always wanted a red tractor cake... so i thought id try it!

I browsed for different ideas of how to do the tractor, but in the end I just copied a picture of a tractor.
I made about 3 different tins of cake so I could cut out the right shapes and put it together to make the structure.
the wheels
the main body of the tractor was made up of 3 bits cut and stuck together.
then I individually cut out the right colour icing to cover each side - red for the main body, white for the cab's windscreen, black for the tyres.
and to cover the joins of the icing I used an icing pen to give the effect of the body being welded.

I then decorated the cake board with grass and pre bought icing farm animals.

I was very pleased with the overall cake as was my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment